Teeth whitening has become quite popular in the last few years. There are a number of different options available, however not every way works for everyone. Here are eight possible ways to whiten your smile.
8 Ways to Whiten Your Smile
1. Regular Cleaning: Your yearly dental cleaning is a great place to start in efforts to whiten your smile. These cleanings accomplish a few things such as, remove surface stains, brighten enamel and smooth the tooth surface. These aspects work together to promote oral health and whiter teeth.
2. Custom Bleach Trays: Custom bleach trays contain a whitening prescription that the dentist creates for the patient. The patient is able to keep the trays with them and perform touch-up applications as needed.
3. In Office Treatment: An in office treatment is one of the quickest teeth whitening methods available. It also has long lasting effects, which makes it a worth-while investment.
4. Daily Home Care: Having a proper daily routine of brushing your teeth twice and flossing once per day is an effective way to remove stains and prevent plaque buildup, which helps to keep teeth whiter.
5. Whitening Strips: Over the counter whitening strips have grown in popularity as a whitening method. It can be effective, however it should be noted that if teeth are not straight the strips may not adhere correctly.
6. Avoid Stain-causing Foods:There are certain foods and drinks that cause stains to the teeth such as: coffee, tea, red wine and dark berries. Avoiding such items can help to keep your teeth white.
7. Eat Stain-removing Foods: Certain foods, such as strawberries, apples, carrots and celery help to naturally promote whitening and stain removal. Try to incorporate more of these foods into your diet.
8. Quit Smoking: Tobacco stains are some of the toughest stains to remove from the teeth. Quitting smoking can help to prevent further build up and will help whitening efforts to last.
These are just some of the more common teeth whitening options. For more information and to develop a treatment plan for you, consult with us today! Call us now (215) 567-2666.